This is to notify you that the WTF has decided to hold the 76th Kyorugi International Referee Seminar and 90th Kyorugi International Referee Refresher Course in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The details of the seminars and refresher course are as follows:
Promoted by: WORLD TAEKWONDO FEDERATION (WTF)
Address: 7148-4, Taepyeong-Dong, Sujeong-Gu, Seongnam-Si, Gyeonggi-Do, Korea 461-855
Tel: +82 2 556 2505
Fax: +82 2 553 4728
Web Site: http://www.wtf.org
Organized by: CONFEDERAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE TAEKWONDO (CBTKD)
Address: Rua Buenos Aires, no93, Sala 1201 – Centro, Rio de Janeiro/RJ – CEP: 20.070-021 Brazil
Tel : 55 21 3553 4696
Contact person of OC: Mr. Gabriel Rodrigues, Event Coordinator, CBTKD
Contact person phone: +55-21-9602-8973
Dates and place
76th Kyorugi IR Seminar: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil / August 29 – September 1, 2013
90th Kyorugi IR Refresher Course: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil / August 30 – September 1, 2013
Name of Venue : Parque Aquático Maria Lenk
Av. Embaixador Abelardo Bueno
Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro
- Name of Official Hotel : Ramada Rio Centro
- Address . Av. Salvador Allende, 500, Jacarepaguá. Rio De Janeiro
- Room rate *
- Single Room : per day per person USD 160* (Breakfast and tax included)
- Double Room : USD 180* (Breakfast and tax included)
*Note that prices may vary due to currency exchange rates
OC will provide local transportation for the Airport ⇔ Hotel ⇔ Venue for all participants of the Seminar and/or Refresher Course who stay at Official Hotels and reserve through OC.
Qualification of participation
International Referee Seminar (IRS)
- 25 years old or older (Applicants who were born on December 31, 1988 or earlier are eligible, ex) 2013-1988=25)
- Holder of Kukkiwon 4th Dan or higher, however, 2nd & 3rd Dan holder from the newly affiliated national association or the national association undergoing taekwondo development. Newly affiliated National Association or National Association undergoing Taekwondo development means:
- Member national associations that are provisional members of the WTF
- Member national associations the period of whose membership in the WTF do not exceed two years since its recognition as a full member
- Member national associations that are included in the list of 'Least Developed Countries' designated by the United Nations
- Member national associations with the total number of 3rd class and P class International Kyorugi referees not exceeding ten (10) irrespective of the number of International Kyorugi referees of 2nd class and higher.
- Holder of national referee certificate in case the pertinent nation to which the applicant belongs conducts national referee certification system.
- The one who has good command of oral & written English language
- Recommended by the president of member national association of WTF to which the applicant belongs.
- Maximum participation quota per each country is five (5) (Host country's maximum quota is fifteen (15)
International Referee Refresher Course (IRRC)
- Holder of WTF International Kyorugi Referee
- One who paid IR dues up to year 2012
- Kyorugi IRS: USD300 (three hundred U.S. dollars)
- Kyorugi IRRC: USD100 (one hundred U.S. dollars)
Method of Payment
Attendance fee must be paid through WTF On-line Banking System as follows:
Please click on the appropriate language to initiate the payment process.
For payment in English, http://wtf.cocoeye.co.kr
For payment in Korean, http://wtfkorea.cocoeye.co.kr
The procedures for registering your accounts are explained clearly in English. All participants are kindly requested to register your own accounts by yourselves.
Deadline for application
* 21st Poomsae IRS & 18th Poomsae IRRC: August 10, 2013
If the WTF receives more than 80 applicants, the WTF might close receipt of applications earlier than August 10, 2013 due to the capacity of the venue.
Things to prepare
- Writing utensils, Taekwondo uniform and sports shoes, photo (1 passport size)
Participant who needs invitation letter to apply for Brazil Visa should send following information to Organizer by e-mail to
by no later than August 10, 2013
(Mr. Gabriel Rodrigues, Event Coordinator, CBTKD, Phone: +55-21-9602-8973)
a. Visa Information Form
b. Copy of passport
76th Kyorugi IRS application form and flight schedule and hotel reservation
90th Kyorugi IRRC application form and flight schedule and hotel reservation
Brazil Visa Application form
Time Table for Brazil Kyorugi